Tuesday 12 March 2013

Mincemeat Lattice Tart

Last weekend I made Mincemeat Lattice Tart out of the "Celebration Cakes" section, as I am tackling a recipe out of each chapter rather than starting on Page One and working through the book.  It would be a gorgeous dessert to serve at a Christmas Dinner Party because the filling is a combination of mincemeat and cranberries.  The pastry is unusual as it has full fat cream cheese in it as well as butter, but I don't really know why, for me it didn't add anything extra to it (dread to think how many calories in each slice!)    I found that the cream cheese pastry was a bit hard when cold - lovely when warm though.  In fact I think sweet dessert pastry would have been better.  David had his tart hot with custard and he said it was definitely the right option......

Mincemeat Lattice Tart

It took me several days to find any frozen cranberries and eventually I got them at good old Clopton Farm Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment