Friday 1 March 2013

Raspberry Millefeuilles

Yesterday I had a go at Millefeuilles with Raspberries.  Must admit I was tempted to use Ready Made Puff Pastry that I had in the freezer but I thought no, the idea is to be a better baker so I did it from scratch and it actually turned out pretty good!  The creamy custard filling with zest of orange and orange liqueur in it was gorgeous - it could easily be used in other recipes such as orange and chocolate trifle.

Millefeuilles with Raspberries

It seemed to take all day to make because there is a lot of cooling and chilling to be done.  I used frozen raspberries picked from my allotment last Autumn and they tasted great but were a bit soggy and runny, fresh ones would have been better.  David liked this so much he had 2 helpings!

No comments:

Post a Comment