Thursday 21 February 2013

Mary's Tarte au Citron

This is another "technical challenge" recipe and the challenge for me was working with sweet pastry which I always find difficult.  It's so fragile and this time was no exception!  Two or three years ago my husband treated me to a cookery day at Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir and I remembered that the pastry chef said if we had a problem with the pastry breaking, to shape it in the tin just using fingers and thumbs - don't try to roll it out too much - so this is what I did.  Also my flan tin has quite high sides so I wasn't able to trim around the edges half way through cooking.

Tarte au Citron
The recipe takes six eggs - a lovely way to use those produced by my girls.  The end result was wonderful - good texture and nice and lemony.   I had cooked a lamb and apricot tagine this morning so we ended up having a gourmet meal on a Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment