Wednesday 15 May 2013

Walnut Crumbles

I made these biscuits to have with coffee before playing Scrabble yesterday with friends - Pat, Marilyn, Crid and Marilyn's lovely Dad Jim.  We declared them delicious; buttery and crumbly, the flavour of walnuts was very evident.  The recipe did 24 and there weren't many left........  Regarding the actual making, when it said "flatten the balls with a fork" I wasn't really sure how much to flatten them and I think I should have been a little firmer as they turned out quite thick.  Ah well, next time!

Walnut Crumbles
We all get together at each other's houses to play Scrabble every few weeks followed by lunch, sometimes deli-style, other times a hot meal.  Yesterday it was Moussaka, garlic bread and salad (leaves from my greenhouse) followed by Gooseberry Fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment